Tuesday, September 6, 2011

1st day of P-K

Today was our first day of pre-school!  Since we had started last year with My Father's World Kindergarten curriculum I decided to continue with it.  Today we reviewed the first 5 letters that we had gotten through last year.

S for Sun:  made sun tea
M for Moon:  "Does the moon have it's own light?"  "No." Replied Elizabeth, "it reflects the sun".  Good job Elle!
L for Leaf:  made leaf prints
A for Apple:  made apple sauce
N for Nest:  just talked about nests, nothing special :)

After we finished up we went had lunch and went outside to play on the plastic water slide.

I've decided to move away from the normal printing of the alphabet and will be using the Cursive First Curriculum beginning in the next week or so.  I'm a little nervous to make such a big change but I've been doing some reading on teaching children to write in cursive first and I feel really good about my decision.

Tomorrow I'm planning on doing some hands on Montessori activities from the book, Montessori At Home by John Bowman.

No comments:

Post a Comment