Friday, September 23, 2011

13 Words

We read the book "13 Words" by Lemony Snicket this week.  In it the author adds a new vocabulary word every page or so ... despondent, haberdashery, baby, scarlet, etc.  On Wednesday night I went out for a bit after dinner and came home in time to help tuck the kids into bed.  Elizabeth told me that dad had given her a time out that evening and while she was in her room she felt despondent ... AWESOME!!!  I was so excited that she used the word properly!!  Today she pulled out a very red crayon from her desk and excitedly exclaimed, "I found the color scarlet!"  What an amazing little sponge!

It is so incredibly exciting to see my children grow and learn.  Tomorrow (hopefully) comes a new blog post about what they did and learned this past week - stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment